MuchBoards 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valentine's Day

4 posters

Go down

Valentine's Day Empty Valentine's Day

Post  emily the strange Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:43 pm

So I thought it might be cool for everyone to post what they are doing/plan on doing, or have done (for those who aren't so active on the boards) for Valentines Day.

So here it goes. My day is pretty lame but I'll share anyways; From high school until now, I have never had a significant other on Valentines day. With respect to this I have come up with my own little traditions to keep me sane. So today is my favourite day for gaming, I usually hit up COD, this year MW3 and play copious hours of team death match and chirp the 14 year old pre pubescent boys. Then I have my movie list I come up with for the evening, this year is a Audrey Hepburn marathon beginning of course with Breakfast at Tiffanys. I will also make myself dinner, probably a pb and j as my floor mates all have their boyfriends and girlfriends over and I don't want to be in that awkward listening in on their date situation. Tomorrow I end my tradition with the purchase of discount valentines day chocolate, and treating myself to buying a pair of shoes, or clothes. Smile

emily the strange

Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day Empty Re: Valentine's Day

Post  fork Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:18 pm

What can I say, my lady friend bought a coupon through a website for half-off Mexican food at this kinda-fancy Mexican place in downtown Ottawa, so I had some delicious vegetarian "fajita quesadillas", while she had some tacos, with guacamole and stuff. We did this yesterday though, an early Valentines.

She spent most of the time telling me about this awesome episode of The Littlest Hobo she had just seen where this journalist and her cryptozoologist boyfriend discover evidence that The Littlest Hobo has been going from town-to-town doing his good deeds since the '50s without having noticeably aged. At first they think they just found footage of a bunch of different super-intelligent dogs and that they'd found a new species, but they come to believe it was just this one. They pull some stunts to try to catch the hobo, such as breaking into a woman's house and tying her up so that the Hobo would come and rescue her. Instead of capturing the dog, the dog locks them in a laundry room, releases the woman they tied up, and they get captured by the cops. Then, the dog goes back to their house and destroys all their video evidence by putting the tapes on a demagnetizer!

The Littlest Hobo is no normal kind of dog.

Then we came home and watched the 1993 Body Snatchers movie (directed by Abel Ferrara... who'd've guessed?).
If you watch when the kid falls out of the helicopter, in the first shot of him falling out, watch and you'll see his legs are missing!

All in all, a pretty decent Valentines.

(Mmmm, post-valentines chocolate. Sounds like a good plan.)

Last edited by fork on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
fork
fork

http://www.mattpacey.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovelemons87 Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:55 pm

My boyfriend doesn't do any sort of commercial holidays, soooo I always have to explain to people when they come at me with "What kind of crazy romantic stuff is happening today" garbage. Today is a day like any other day. Went to work, picked him up from work, played a little Gears of War and had a nap.. we're wild I tell you!

ilovelemons87

Back to top Go down

Post  OptionalPlayer Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:46 am

I totally kicked back with pizza and caught up with The Walking Dead - then watched some StarCraft 2 tournaments. Because I'm nerdy.
OptionalPlayer
OptionalPlayer

http://www.uncannyderek.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fork Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:29 pm

Valentine's Day,
alternate title:
Video Games Day,
or so it seems!
fork
fork

http://www.mattpacey.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  emily the strange Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Well I like the sounds of that, Video Game Day. I think that is what I will call February 14th from here on in. Smile

emily the strange

Back to top Go down

Post  OptionalPlayer Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:35 pm

emily the strange wrote:this year MW3

One day, just ONE day, someone will say "MW3" and totally mean MechWarrior 3. Until that day, however. . .
OptionalPlayer
OptionalPlayer

http://www.uncannyderek.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum