MuchBoards 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eastern Canada, I'm jealous of you!

5 posters

Go down

Eastern Canada, I'm jealous of you! Empty Eastern Canada, I'm jealous of you!

Post  VenusInFurs Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:17 pm

You have the kind of weather we're supposed to have in July. Over here (Berlin) it's 15 degrees and raining and I'm sorely missing summer! It hasn't truly come yet. Some sun for stretches but never hot Sad I know a lot of people are complaining over there about the heat though, so I propose a trade!
VenusInFurs
VenusInFurs

Back to top Go down

Eastern Canada, I'm jealous of you! Empty Re: Eastern Canada, I'm jealous of you!

Post  hesitationblues Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:34 pm

We in western Canada have had enough of the rainy weather. We are finally getting sunny weather.
hesitationblues
hesitationblues

Back to top Go down

Eastern Canada, I'm jealous of you! Empty Re: Eastern Canada, I'm jealous of you!

Post  VenusInFurs Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:31 pm

I wish we would....it's still gross out. My poor parents finally got nice weather and now they're coming here to more crap, then going on to Ireland, which isn't known for sun and warmth.
VenusInFurs
VenusInFurs

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadSkinMask Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:43 pm

Last week was awesome in Winnipeg with it getting up to 46 Celsius with the humidity taken into account. I was glad we installed our new AC unit just in time.
DeadSkinMask
DeadSkinMask

Back to top Go down

Post  VenusInFurs Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:19 am

I hate you....still freezing and raining here. I've actually caught a cold due to lack of sunlight, cold and dampness (3 things my body hates a lot). Oh and my garden is dying because it's too wet and cold for things like tomatoes and zucchini, which really makes me sad. Two of my favourite things about summer is sunshine and fresh garden food, both of which I've been screwed over on this year. And now if it doesn't stop we'll have to wait a whole year through our crappy, miserable, grey cold winters until it's summer again Sad I might just have to save some money for a plain ticket and find a couch surfing host in the mediterranean!

I don't have AC, but I'd love some heat. I don't believe in AC lol.
VenusInFurs
VenusInFurs

Back to top Go down

Post  hesitationblues Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:29 am

I don't really have AC either. I have a crappy wall unit that shakes the windows. Also 2 fans that I got for my parents to dry the carpet because the stupid water heating leaked. At least on Monday I get linoleum.
hesitationblues
hesitationblues

Back to top Go down

Post  VenusInFurs Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:58 pm

We have AC at work and even though it's never turned up in Germany as much as they do in Canada (I hate how cold people make it there..just cuz it's hot out doesn't mean it should be freezing inside!) but it really makes me tired and dehydrated. I have to drink like 2 litres of water every day at work just to even it out. I actually like being warm too so I dislike it.
It's not common for people to have AC here in their homes though. And for the record, it DOES get hot (this year is a fluke). That heat wave in Eastern Canada? Normal July in Berlin....people just drink more water, wear light clothing and open windows and run fans. You get used to it. As much as I hate cold I even adjusted to using less heat as well in the winter and wearing more sweaters. Both less heat and no AC are because energy costs stupid amounts of money here. If you ran that stuff as much as people do in North America it would cost hundreds of Euros a year (my heat bill when I first moved into my new place, which is really big, ran me 400 Euro over...not kidding...I bought wool tights, slipper boots and a ton of thick sweaters for the next winter!)
VenusInFurs
VenusInFurs

Back to top Go down

Post  fork Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:19 pm

I really don't like the overuse of AC. When I worked doing tech support for Dell, I'd wear a sweater and take my jacket in August 'cause it was so cold in the building. Roasting in the winter, frozen in the summer... Why do it?
fork
fork

http://www.mattpacey.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean2K Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:08 pm

VenusInFurs wrote:You have the kind of weather we're supposed to have in July. Over here (Berlin) it's 15 degrees and raining and I'm sorely missing summer! It hasn't truly come yet. Some sun for stretches but never hot Sad I know a lot of people are complaining over there about the heat though, so I propose a trade!

I'll trade my weather for your ündustrial concerts! Wink
Sean2K
Sean2K

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum